Monday, February 7, 2011

Say what I need to say

I had a really bad day or two last week, or maybe I should say, I was seeing my day really badly last week. Do you ever have one of those days that you just want to stay in bed? You feel like Eeyore with a cloud hanging over your head? That was me. I felt like I was looking at my life through gray colored glasses, only seeing the bad and the ugly, everything a little darker and dimmer than it really is.

I felt overwhelmed with tasks that need to be done, drawn to all the tasks I wanted to do and can't, reminding myself of all of my limits and faults. Even my usual favorite blog indulgences left me feeling depressed instead of inspired. BLAH Blah BLAH SO I spent some quality time with Mr. Kleenex and got it out. It sucks to be a woman. I'm just sayin'...

But the good news is that I was feeling much better by Friday...thanks to some healthy whining and crying to a few friends (in public, sadly), a freakin' brutal yoga session, some flowers compassionately given by a friend, and a good nights sleep. Thankfully, this doesn't happen to me every month......I think.

Photobucket

Don't you love the little fingers on the table?

Anyway- on to happier things. I had a really good weekend, which I will post about later.  I am still swaying between "Riddletree Place" and "Orchard House", although I am leaning toward Orchard House, because I just love it. I was talking to my cousin about it this weekend, and we both agree that it has a very casual, relaxing sound to it.  I figure I can get away with it because Orchard is used as an adjective describing my house not as a noun. Right?  Maybe? 

After all, in my house, I have this tree painted on the wall in CJ's room ...

Photobucket

I have trees in the picture I painted over the couch,

Photobucket

I have fruit on my foyer rug,
Photobucket

and fruit in the picture over the mantle.

Photobucket

I think I like it ... but I could change my mind.

And lastly, we have a new house guest. His name is Fabio.

Photobucket

He is a chinese dwarf hamster. I caved, on the condition that I never have to touch it, care for it, protect it from CJ, purchase anything to keep it alive, or imply any love or concern for it. I was totally feeling what Karen and Dana had to say about hamsters, and I agree whole-heartedly. We had 2 hamsters before and it was "an experience". But life is short and looking back, we'll need some good stories to tell. Plus, I only get so many opportunities to say I told you so. So meet Fabio.

Photobucket

I hope this is his one and only appearance on the blog, unless we get a good story and then of course, I will share.

9 comments:

Mere said...

Okay...you have to admit...Fabio is a little cute. I love the Orchard House...and I love YOU!

Dawn, said...

Yep, the tug!! The tug of the 'should get dones', 'gotta get dones', and 'wanta get dones'. I have been feeling a tremendous pull from my need to create self lately. So much to do in a day. My dear family may have helped me come up with a resolution in family counsel last night. I have felt re-energized with a possible solution today... may become a future post ;) I'm so glad you have friends to talk to, they are lifesavers. Alisha and my sisters sure got a doozy of an email from me lately pooring my heart out, tee-hee! Such a Blessing!

Fabio?! That name makes me smile, like ridiculously big, smile!

Dawn, said...

PS - I 100% agree... Orchard is an incredibly beautiful, multi-faceted word that brings images of growth, bloom, harvest... it is perfect for a HOME!!

kg said...

Sorry about your last week. I still love the stripes in your entryway and admire your painting skills and still love the Orchard name (that's what I voted for) and good luck with Fabio!

Jessica M said...

I'm sorry for your rotten week. I appreciate hearing friends share a little of their down times, reminds me I'm not alone!

And you caved? Love it. Fabio is pretty stinking cute.

Karen said...

Rough weeks stink. I think it's happening for all of us. Being cooped up in the house makes me go crazy. I am glad things are looking up. And the hamster......I have no words.

Lori said...

You have always been someone I admire so much. The way you carry yourself, your talents, your sense of humor.... I admire you even more that you can share that you are human and can have bad days also!

Jenni said...

I'm sorry you had some rough days - I think we all do on occasion! Glad you felt comfortable sharing. BEAUTIFUL flowers & cute lil fingers!

Fabio? Ummm... Yeah - here's hoping Fabio doesn't turn into Fabrina and leave you witha passel of little furballs - now THAT would be a story! ;-)

danakat said...

First things first...
Really? Really. You caved. Bah.
And I personally hope you DON'T have any stories to share. Those usually come on the end of an extremely unpleasant event...but hey, good luck to ya. :)

So sorry for the cruddy days. Makes me sad for you. :( I still think about that amazing note you gave me after that horrible Sunday you caught me in tears. You can never know what that meant and still means to me. If in any way, I can ever lift you up...girl, I owe you BIG.