So this weekend my mom came to visit. She helped me work on some finishing details of the cabinet (installing hardware) and she worked on a quilt she has been making for me.

When I finished what I thought was left to do on the cabinet, I found I had a little more to do.
1- I needed to brace the top piece to the bottom piece so that a young rambunctious child couldn't pull the top over onto himself.
2- I needed to make a stop for the upper cabinets so they didn't close too far into the cabinet, if that makes sense.
3- I needed to use my forstner bit to make a hole in the back of each of the uppers for cords to go through for the printer and cell phone chargers, etc, and one in the main drop down for laptop cords, etc.
So this morning it is finished! But I took pictures this weekend before and there's not much noticeable difference to the blogger's eye.
*Warning* These pictures are staged. If you come to my house this morning, it will not look like this. (Actually after seeing the secretary staged like this Cliff said "Uh- I thought you made that for me." Ha ha- I couldn't resist. It is being "Cliff-i-fied as I type. Thankfully the doors can be closed. Ha ha-
Here it is-

Bright robin's egg blue and all! We decided that we haven't decided how much we like the color. Actually, I should say, we LOVE the color, but haven't decided if it works in the foyer. I love it next to the yellow dining room and my curtains have that color in the fabric, not to mention it is a blend of the kitchen paint and bathroom paint, but we remain undecided. If/when I repaint it, I will keep this color inside just for fun.

Ahhh *long sigh*- I feel like an all-star! Now I need to clean up my mess. :)



13 comments:
Charity, it looks great! And, that quilt is beautiful! What a treasure.
Probably because you ARE and all-star! That looks amazing! I'm so proud of you! I love the filing cabinet hardware on it too! :) You are free to make one of those for my house anytime you feel like it. :)
Congratulations! That is an AMAZING piece of work! And you were sewing and doing mommy things while you were building. You are AWESOME! (And I LOVE the quilt that your mother made!!)
WOW! I loooove it and love the blue!! SO impressed, great job!
Great pictures! Thanks for the hospitality. Have fun with the cleanup! (Don't forget to send pictures and comments to knockoffwood.)
I agree...YOU ARE AN ALL-SATAR!!!
I LOoOOOoOoove the blue! And with your milk glass on top....ahhhhhh. So are you going to make one for "you" now???
Seriously, what's the next project?
Yeah! It's done! Looks FABULOUS!
Amazing!!! I love the blue, of course I have a known addiction to blue right now.
I love it!
I love the color!!
You are amazing:)
Wow. Amazing.
That looks great Charity! I like the blue too, it's so bright and fun.
It's beautiful...and I love the blue! Way to go!
Impressive. I love the blue. I have noticed whenever I try a new color I have to live with it for quite a while before the shock wears off and then I can appreciate how it really looks. I hope you keep the blue.
Post a Comment