Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm gonna find another you . . .

My Dear Stove,

We have known each other, what, 6 years now?

Photobucket

Over the years, I have come depend on you. I know there were times that I took the credit for things we worked on together, often leaving you in the background, but I always took care of you didn't I?

Photobucket

I need you everyday now, but lately I can't depend on you. Just when I think you have changed, you go back to your old ways, leaving me in a lurch when I need you most.

burner

We've had good times, and bad times, but lately those bad times outweigh the good. Like 2 weeks ago, when I was making dinner for a friend and you decided it wasn't important to you and you just quit in the middle. Oh, how I prayed that you would re-join me in my effort, and reluctantly you went to work. Not to mention your blow-up on Saturday. . . I just can't tolerate that behavior.

You have slowly rationed me down to one burner and one knob. Who can work dinner magic under those conditions? I can't!

knobs

I know your kind ....I should have seen it coming, you're hot then you're cold, can't decide from day to day, well someone in this relationship needs to make a stand and it's going to be me. I'm gonna find another you. No bother trying to improve now...your promises are empty...like "Self-cleaning" hah! You never!

I won't fall for that again. It's really over...In fact, I have already found another. He'll be here Thursday, so pack up and hit the road. And guess what? He's younger, more sleek and handsome, and comes with a warranty too! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

10 comments:

Dawn, said...

Aww, breaking up is hard to do, snicker. Have fun with your younger, sleeker model, yippee. I seriously have a crush on my stove.

NanaBell said...

Woohoo!

hope said...

LOL!!!!

Emily H. said...

You are too funny! With the music, pics, and great writting you make me laugh!!! thanks Charity! Congrats on the new oven. :)

Ginny said...

Too great! Thank you for the hefty laugh! Can't wait to see the new beau!

Matt and Jade said...

I loved this. Breaking up is hard to do. Glad you didn't give Cliff a kick out the door.

Andrea Hardman said...

Hilarious! Yay for a new stove.

danakat said...

That. Is. Awesome!

Jessica M said...

I got a huge kick out of this post. Sorry about the stove though, out with the old baby! My stove is ridiculous also. Unfortunately it still works so I can't trade him in yet.

And I L-O-V-E the secretary desk. You are amazing! I can't wait to see it in person. And I happen to love the blue. Really fabulous.

Michelle said...

Haha! Too funny...maybe he can hook up with the broom from the Swiffer commercials?? I'm a dork, I know...