
I got 90% done and fizzled. The hardware presented a dilemma.
Do I keep it brassy? No.
Do I spray paint it? Uh, I'm not sure.
Its such beautiful hardware, I don't want to replace it.
So, I pondered. I remembered seeing something on a few blogs called Rub n' BUff. It looked like it might work for this. So my plan was to spray paint the hardware and then use the Rub N' Buff to add some dimension. For about $6 on Amazon I got 2 tubes, one in pewter and one in ebony, because I couldn't decide.

In the end, I didn't spray paint the hardware, but just used the Rub n' Buff. Can I just say that this is the coolest stuff?! Really, I used less than 1/2 teaspoon of it on all the hardware, so it really goes a long way, and I love the transformation.

So now it's done..

And I love how the hardware turned out.

That stuff is the best thing I never knew I needed. Now I'm looking around the house wondering what else I can Rub n' Buff! So cool!



10 comments:
That turned out GORGEOUS!! Bravo!
Amazing!!!
I love it!! Looks great!
Charity!!! I am so blessed to have such a talented sister!! Tomorrow I'll call for sure! It looks fantastic!
Oh. That is beautiful. I think I need some. Pretty cool
LOVE, love, love!!
Ooooo so pretty! Love the whole look together!
It's swooooony, Char!
That is some pretty amazing stuff. And I have just the ancient set of hardware that may need an introduction.
Beautiful! What a clever solution!
The handles are beautiful! Wow! Great tip. The cabinet looks great!
Post a Comment