She is clever, charismatic, passionate, and beautiful. She brings a lot of spice to our life.

She is also a great negotiator. About 6 months ago, she planned a presentation drawing attention to all of the reasons she should be allowed to buy her own hamster. She had a pointer, chart with pictures, and lists galore, not only outlining her responsible qualities, but also listing the care required for the pet and her willingness to care for it.
I continue to resist, but now that our beloved dog, Max is no longer with us, I have been ...considering it. She has been asking me what my concerns are, encouraging me to share them with her (sneak-i-ly trying to ease each concern until there are none left). She is good.
Still, I resist. I know eventually the excitement wears off and I am left cleaning the cage. Maybe when I finish with diapers....



5 comments:
Oh my do I have hamster stories. We had 23 at one time. The last 3 ate their mother. No joke. Finally I had enough and drove to the country and let the last one go. Whenever you need to postpone it I can sure help with that. Happy birthday Samatha. You're a doll. I still remember your beautiful hair as a baby.
12??? Really? When did THAT happen?
Now listen friend...I wouldn't just say this lightly and it's really none of my business at all, but seriously...DO NOT GET A HAMSTER. Don't get another pet at all. Enjoy a nice, clean, fur-free home. Buy food for humans. Clean toilets, not cages or boxes or backyards.
Call me if you need someone to talk you off the ledge.
In defense of Sam.... get her a hamster!! I had them as a kid, they were fun, cute, and didn't mind being ignored for days at a time. Plus, they don't live long...
:)
I think a girl who can make slides and use pointers to convince the parentals might just be deserving of a hamster. (But I won't tell my own kids that.)
She is good!!! Charts, pointers, etc... what a riot! Can you believe our girls are 12? how did that happen? Happy birthday!
Post a Comment