First off- what a crazy-full day of things to do. I really should be making dinner (it's 5:55pm) but I am posting instead because I finally have a moment.
Paula Abdul's comment after hearing David Archuletta sing "Imagine"--
“David, you’re ridiculous. I want to squish you, squeeze your head off and dangle you from my rearview mirror. Honest to god that was one of the most beautiful songs ever written and one of the most moving performances I have ever heard. You’re destined for superstardom.”
If you can believe it, Cliff watched most of American Idol with me last night. I think part of him really wanted to see who this David Archuletta kid is that I keep raving about..can we say jealous? Anyway- I really loved last night's American Idol. I realize I should find other more interesting things to post about, but ...it's not happening today. So I will now officially die of heartbreak if David Archuletta doesn't win! He is so adorable! I love that he didn't sing the first or second verse of "Imagine" by John Lennon because it says stuff like Imagine there's no heaven...no religion too.
I thought it was interesting that Randy asked him why he only sang the 3rd verse, and his response was very tactful. LOVED IT!!! I was consistently pleased with Bohemian Rhapsody guy's performance and surprisingly pleased with David Hernandez, still like Dreadlocks guy and can't wait for the guy who acts like Wayne Newton when he sings to get the boot! My memory is short so I don't have anyone else in particular in my brain.
I am looking forward to the girls performance and am hoping to be wow-ed...at least a little bit...maybe. I am rooting (sp?) for Jessica M's african american look-alike/act-alike and curly blond goody-two-shoes nanny girl. I think the Irish tattoo girl is going to be better this week too, and I predict before the season is over that she will sing a Celine Dion song and be dead on!
In other news- I got my haircut on Friday and am really liking it...so far, but today with the wind, after all the effort to blow-dry it straight, it all curled up!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I loved David's performance of Imagine as well! I think Paula says the most off the wall things haha. Oh! And i love your new hair cut! I forgot to tell you on Sunday, but i made sure to tell your hubby haha.
haha can i?! I feel rude calling U Charity since U were my teacher and everything u know? haha, But thanks :)
Didn't know you were such an Idol fan...I like it too. Excited to see your hair cut!
I absolutely loved that comment! I think it was so funny!
Your husband was trying to be really nice last Wednesday by talking Idol with us. I'm impressed that he watched it, even if it was to pacify the masses. Yes, David WILL win because even if we weren't voting for him, the 10 million texting-happy love-sick 12 year olds in this country will. Did you HEAR the screams when he went on stage? He really is fabulous. And I'm glad you like Syesha! Now if only I could sing like her....
Post a Comment