Tuesday, March 29, 2011

These days are ours...these happy days

I had good intentions of posting prom pictures yesterday, but I think I was suffering from prom hangover for a day or two. Plus, Alex already posted every. single . picture. to Facebook when she got in late Saturday night. Here are a few of my favorites.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now that it is over, *whew*, I realized something the last 2 days, that maybe all of you already know...

My day goes better with CJ when I don't plan on getting anything accomplished. These last 2 days, I have done little but play with my boy. I am wondering how many days I can go without getting things done. I'm thinking Thursday at the latest.

But now that prom is under the bridge, I see Easter on the horizon. To sew or not to sew, that is the question. I don't know, but...

Check out how my bulbs are doing. Happy Day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cliff says its a miracle! Ha ha He's right!

11 comments:

Dawn, said...

My computer hiccuped... and I don't see my previous comment, let me try this again ;)

Alex looked amazing! That color on her was a great 'find'. I hope she had a blast!!

kg said...

Whew is right! Lovely prom couple, lovely flowers :)

Karen said...

I love these pictures. Her dress turned out great. I have to say this week I too have just been playing and those are the best days. Enjoy. And your tulips are amazing. Have a great week.

Stacey said...

Wow -- Alex looks so beautiful! And that dress is amazing. I am so impressed, Charity!

Holly Long said...

Thanks for posting them anyway since Alex sent me a pic on my phone (don't get pics) and then referred me to FB and I'm also not there. I was waiting and waiting and waiting for you to post. Totally worth the wait. The last one of her, with the note, totally makes me all misty. ::sniff sniff:: She's grown up so fast! AND the flowers, you are a rockstar!! Such great color for your yard!

Michele Garvin said...

Alex, I am behind the times and didn't know you were remaking Alex's Prom dress. I just saw the finished product on her facebook and thought she looked gorgeous! I had no idea that you re-made it. I loved going to your blog and seeing the before and after shots. WOW that is truly amazing how beautiful the sequence and embrodering on the front of the dress made it look. I can't believe that you did this. I've sewed many a dress and the DREADED thing to do is to alter one already done. Props to you! You are amazing. Love, Aunt Michele

Michele Garvin said...

Opps, I mean to direct that last comment to Charity! - But I'm sure you realized that. :-)

Quincy Sorensen said...

I have a big smile on my face. I can just feel the excitement from this wonderful couple! Hard to believe you've got a daughter who's gone to prom!

Jessica M said...

I love the bulbs! You inspire me.

Lori said...

She is beautiful and the dress looks beautiful on her.
I can't believe she is already prom age!

Al said...

prom was a blast, and thank you so much sister Marsaw, you are truly amazing. Thanks mom I love you :)